Republic Day Facts 2019: Every Students and Teachers must need to know all Interesting Facts about Republic Day which is also known as 26 January. As we all know that Republic Day is a great time we have ever as because on the same day the constitution of India was came into force which is a reason we celebrate every year this occasion with grand celebration.
In today’s life, Republic Day facts tell the entire historical story to us with few words in which we get all the points and true meaning of republic day. This time we are going to celebrate 70th republic day of India in 2019 which is great moment to all of Indian peoples.
Republic Day Facts 2019 – 26 January Facts
Republic Day Facts: Republic Day is a great Indian celebration to tribute to all Indians who have served for our country at the time of peace or wartime and also know with the name of 26 January. We all should need to pay respect to our soldiers and brave heroes for their contribution to make this day possible and also some of them had given big sacrifices for this day, so we all must need to thanks them. But, before doing this you all must need to know all the facts about republic day of India and if you don’t know then don’t worry below the line we listed all amazing Republic Day Facts which you can read below the line.
18 Interesting “Facts About Republic Day” of India
- India has celebrated first Republic Day on 26, January 1950, exactly three year after when we got our fully independence.
- 26 January 1930 was earlier celebrated as Independence Day or Purna Swaraj Day in India. It’s the day when all Indians decided to fight for complete freedom.
- On 15 August in 1947 we got our independence and after that Indian leaders wanted January 26 to be remembered in history as well. Therefore, the day was made to coincide with the day of Swaraj.
- Republic Day Celebrations is a 3 day long affair which starts from 26 January or end on January 29 with the Beating Retreat ceremony.
- The first time Republic Day parade was held at Rajpath in 1955.
- A Christian song, Abide with Me, is played at the Republic Day Parade. It is believed to be one of Mahatma Gandhi’s favourite songs.
- In India’s constitution having more than 448 articles which is longest constitution around the world and written in both Hindi and English language.
- Drafting the Constitution of India was a herculean task. Dr B.R. Ambedkar took 2 years and 11 months to draft the Indian Constitution.
- Our leaders took the best aspects from other countries’ constitutions. The concept of liberty, equality and fraternity came from the French constitution while the Five-Year Plans came from the USSR constitution.
- Before the Constitution came into force, India followed British Government’s Government of India Act 1935.
- All big national awards such as Bharat Ratna, Kirti Chakra and Padma Bhushan are awarded during the Republic Day ceremony to all leaders who serving best toward India.
- 1930 is a commemoration of Purna Swaraj Day.
- Both manually written duplicates of the Indian Constitution were marked on 24th of January in 1950 by around 308 individuals from the Assembly.
- After inception of the Indian Constitution, around 94 amendments (alterations) have been done.
- 21 gun salutes are given every year when the President of India hoists the national flag on republic Day to mark the honour.
- Flag-hoisting ceremonies are also conducted by the local administration, schools and colleges all over the country. In schools and colleges, different competitions are held and prizes are also awarded to the winners.
- 26th of January was decided to be celebrated every year as the “Swaraj Diwas” in 1950.
- Dr. Bhimrao Ambedakar was the chairman of Indian constitution draft committee.
We hope now you had read all the basic facts about republic day from above which are basic and you should need to know during the moment of this historic celebration and also share this article to help all others people to know republic day facts.